WHAT IS IT FOR?
Creative Europe supports the development of video games, aiming to improve the competitiveness of the European video games industry by increasing its capacity to develop works with a high circulation potential, both in the EU and beyond.
WHAT DOES IT SUPPORT?
Creative Europe supports video game concepts or projects which, compared to existing mainstream works, present works that:
- Are original, innovative, creative, and culturally diverse;
- Enhance Europe's cultural identity and heritage;
- Are substantially interactive with a narrative component;
- Are ambitious in terms of gameplay, user experience, and artistic expression.
The works should also have decent commercial prospects, as well as the potential to access European and international market.
WHO CAN TAKE PART?
The opportunities are open to European production companies. Applicants must:
- Be able to prove that they have produced a commercially distributed video game in the past two years
- Present a sales report
- Own the majority of the rights to the project to be submitted.
Individuals, groups of companies, and legal entities acting in the public interest cannot apply for a grant.
More detailed information on participation is available in the guidelines for specific calls for proposals, as well as from the website of the Education, Audiovisual, and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) , and the Creative Europe Desks.
HOW TO APPLY?
More detailed information on the application process is available on the EACEA website .